All that remains of the designed landscape at Alloa House is the gatepiers on Broad Street and a section of lime avenue leading down to the estuary. The house no longer stands.
Alloa House was the historical seat of the Earls of Mar. The 11th Earl designed a complex arrangement of avenues for the park in the early-18th century. Alexander McGill produced designs for rebuilding the house in 1710 but they were not carried out. The 8th Earl rebuilt the house in Greek Revival style to designs by George Angus between 1834 and 1838.
- Gate Piers
- Description: The gatepiers on Broad Street remain.
- Description: A section of lime avenue.
- Associated People
Just one person associated to Alloa House