Features of Addison Howard Park include a memorial tree, a walnut which replaced an earlier tree, believed to be a silver birch. Facilities for cricket, bowls and football are also provided.
Addison Howard Park is the main park in Kempston, and forms the grounds for the Grange Estate, a large residential house within the park.
The Addison Centre is on part of the land given to the people of Kempston by Mrs Harold Howard who owned the Kempston Grange estate. The initial gift of five acres of land was in memory of her son Addison, who was killed in France during the First World War. Following Mrs Howard's death in 1949 a further twenty eight acres were added to the existing park in accordance with her will.
- Visitor Access, Directions & Contacts
Access contact details
This is a municipal site, open daily for general public use.
The Addison Howard Centre, set in the grounds of Addison Howard Park is available for hire.
Bedford Borough Council
In 1937, Addison Howard Park, was opened to the public by Mrs. Harold Howard. Mrs Harold Howard gave five acres of her estate to the people of Kempston for a new recreation ground in memory of her son Addison who was killed in France during the first world war.
- Features & Designations
Green Flag Award
- Memorial tree
- Description: A walnut which replaced an earlier tree, believed to be a silver birch.
- Key Information
Parks, Gardens And Urban Spaces
Open to the public