A small landscape park of about 115 hectares, associated originally with an early 19th century house. Substantial changes to the house were undertaken from 1999, with landscape alterations from 2000.
A small landscape park associated originally with an early 19th century house. The park was developed substantially after a chateau-style mansion was constructed on high ground in the park in 1859 by a director of the Bank of England. Elm and Spanish chestnut avenues led from the road, a parterre was laid out on the south (garden) front, and the park was mostly surrounded by thick belts of trees. The later mansion was itself replaced in 1928 by a Georgian-style house by Michael Waterhouse. Substantial changes to the house were undertaken between 1999 and 2002 to a design by Sansome Hall, with landscape alterations by Dejardin Design.
- English Landscape Garden
- Access & Directions
DirectionsNorth-west of Winslow, south of the A413
- Associated People