Sir Albert Richardson, architect, was born on the 19th May 1880 in Hackney, London. He was first articled to Thomas Page, but subsequently worked in the offices of Evelyn Hellicar, Leonard Stokes, and Frank T. Verity. With the latter Richardson designed a number of buildings such as the 'mansion flats' in Cleveland Row, St. James'.
Richardson went into a partnership with Charles Lovett Gill which lasted until 1939, in which time they had built offices in the City of London, flats in the West End, and a small number of country houses and churches.
He was made president of the Royal Academy in 1954 and was the chair of architecture at the Bartlett School of Architecture, University College, London from 1919 until 1946. He died on the 3rd February 1964 at his home, Avenue House, Ampthill, Bedfordshire.