Penyard Park and Chase are former mediaeval hunting grounds, part royal forest and part paled park. The lawn within Penyard Park formerly contained a hunting lodge called Penyard Castle.
The park and chase are of mediaeval origin, belonging partly to the Bishops of Hereford and partly to the monarch.
- Access & Directions
DirectionsOne mile south of Ross on Wye via the A40 and a minor road.
- Medieval (1066-1540)