Penn House 5747

Amersham, England, Buckinghamshire, Chiltern

Brief Description

Penn House, dating from the 17th century, is situated in formal gardens and parklands. The stable block, built in the 19th century, is still standing, although the original trees lining the building have diminished.

History

Penn House underwent major changes in 1760 when a large section of the house was destroyed. The demolition was overseen by Assheton Curzon who then took ownership of Penn House.Penn House appears on the 1761 Rocques map.

Features
Stable Block, Pond
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Penn
References

References