Leighton Hall, Carnforth 5230

Lancashire, England, Lancashire, Lancaster

Brief Description

Features of Leighton Hall include formal gardens, lawns, walks, a pond and a walled, kitchen garden.

History

Leighton Hall was established in the early-16th century. The Hall is privately owned and is also a wedding venue.

Visitor Facilities

Open to the Public May to September. Group visits throughout the year if pre-booked.Please call before visiting. T: 01524 734474

Detailed Description

Leighton Hall consists of a parkland with many specimen trees, clumps and sweeps of woodland. There are formal gardens, lawns and herbaceous borders. There is a shrubbery walk, ballustrades, steps, a sundial and a small pond. There is also an old brewhouse and a walled, kitchen garden.
Features
  • Manor House (featured building)
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Herbaceous Border
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Kitchen Garden
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Garden Wall
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Steps
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Sundial
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Walk
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Lawn
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Clump
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Balustrade
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Pond
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
Access & Directions

Access Contact Details

Open to the Public May to September. Group visits throughout the year if pre-booked.Please call before visiting. T: 01524 734474
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Carnforth
History

Detailed History

Leighton Hall was established in 1519. The house was re-built from 1760-65 by John Hird for George Townley. In 1800, a gothic fa├žade was added to the house. By 1870, the south wing of Leighton Hall was built by Paley and Austin of Lancaster. Currently, the Hall is privately owned and is used as a wedding venue.
Contact