Highcliffe Castle is an early-19th-century house, built to replace another within a park being eroded by the sea. The lawns and shrubbery walks remain but the famous botanic gardens are gone.
Christchurch Borough CouncilBridge Street,, BH23 1AZ
- House (featured building)
- Description: The house was built by Lord Stuart de Rothesay. It has been described as "the most important remaining example of the Romantic and Picturesque style of architecture."
- Earliest Date:
- Latest Date:
- Visitor Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe castle is open between February and December. Please see: http://www.highcliffecastle.co.uk/openingtimes
- The National Heritage List for England: Listed Building
- Reference: Highcliffe Castle
- Grade: I
- Associated People