A second landscaped area on the east side of the bridge falls within the borough of Westminster. Both are overgrown with trees and shrubbery and largely inaccessible to the public.
This small landscaped area on the west side of Chelsea Bridge between Chelsea Embankment and the river was formed soon after the embanking of the river by Sir Joseph Bazalgette in 1869-74. Chelsea Embankment was officially opened in May 1874 by Lieutenant Col Sir James MacNaughton Hogg, Chairman of the Metropolitan Board of Works.
- Access & Directions
DirectionsTube: Sloane Square (District, Circle)