The original house, which dates from 1558, was extended by Inigo Jones in 1636. There are later alterations. The gardens continue to develop and include a Victorian kitchen garden, a secret garden, a rose garden, a Japanese garden, a Himalayan garden, a catalpa walk, a vineyard planted in 2000, and an exotic garden, planted in 2002, which features palm, cypress and olive trees. The gardens occupy 2.6 hectares within a larger estate.
Visitor FacilitiesLimited opening;groups by appointment. Please telephone for details to 01 608 674303
Ha-ha, Terrace, Specimen Tree, Ornamental Pond, Vase
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsLimited opening;groups by appointment. Please telephone for details to 01 608 674303
Directions2 miles west of Long Compton off the A3400
- Associated People