Walter Henry Brierley was an architect active, particularly in Yorkshire, England in the late-19th and early-20th centuries. He was known as 'the Yorkshire Lutyens' and the 'Lutyens of the North'. Brierley first came to York in 1885 to work in an architectural practice begun by John Carr. He later developed his own practice, taking his former chief assistant, James Hervey Rutherford, on as partner in 1918.
Artists' Papers Register <http://www.apr.ac.uk/artists/s... > [accessed 28 November 2007]
Dictionary of Scottish Architects, 'Walter Henry Brierley', DSA Architect Biography Report <http://www.codexgeo.co.uk/dsa/... >[accessed 28 November 2007]