Katharine Josephine Dolores Feilden built High Wall in Pullen’s Lane, and Feilden Grove is named after her.
Katharine's father, Randle Joseph Feilden, was born in Clifton, Bristol on 21 March 1824 and baptised at Blackburn, and her mother Jane Campbell Hozier (sometimes known as Jean) was born in Blackburn, Lancashire and baptised at Edinburgh on 22 December 1828.
At the time of the 1881 census, Katharine (16) and living in London with her parents at 41 Eaton Place, Hanover Square.
Between the wars Miss Feilden employed four gardeners to care for her beautiful garden at High Wall. It had been her practice to open it to the public under the National Gardens Scheme for the benefit of the Queen’s Institute of District Nursing.
Katharine played an important part in the development of the Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre in Oxford. Not only was Feilden Ward named after her, but also Cecil and Randle Wards were named after two of her nephews. In 1910, Katharine engaged the architect Walter Cave to builf High Wall in Pullen's Lane, Headington.