John Law

John Law was the Curator at the Sheffield Botanical Gardens from 1846 to 1858. He published two catalogues detailing the plant collections in the Botanical Gardens (1847 & 1849). During his term of office the conservatory range was extended to include a special pond for the Victoria Lily at the western end and a Camellia house at the eastern end. Sadly these extensions had to be demolished as they had become unsafe in around 1900.