William Taylor was a Stuart architect who worked during the late-17th century. Between 1668-70 Taylor was responsible for rebuilding the Pewterer's Hall, Lime Street, London. In 1678 he remodelled his house, the Friar's, at Aylesford, Kent and soon after began working at Longleat, Wiltshire. There he was responsible for several alterations including the fitting up of the chapel in 1682. Between 1687 and 1688 Taylor made some change to Kedleston Hall, Derbyshire, but anything he was responsible for would have been removed in 1700.
Colvin, H (1995) A Biographical Dictionary of British Architects: 1600-1840, Third Edition (Yale University Press: New Haven) pp. 969