The formal walled gardens of 4 hectares (11 acres) have been substantially redesigned in both 1851 and at some point after the Second World War. The current form owes more to the garden's Elizabethan and mid 19th century restoration than the recorded first garden in 1346. The formal garden includes a mile of yew hedging and various separate areas including an Italian style garden.
First records of a garden on the site
- Walled Garden
- Access & Directions
Access Contact Detailshttp://www.penshurstplace.com/