Keats' House (also known as Wentworth Place)1880

Hampstead, England, Greater London

Brief Description

Keats' House is an early-19th-century private garden occupying 0.25 hectares, which was restored in the later 20th century.

History

The house was built between 1814 and 1816, and in 1818 one side of the house was inhabited by John Keats. The two halves of the house were joined in the 1830s. The site was threatened with demolition in 1920, and money was raised to preserve it. The house is now a museum.

Visitor Facilities

The museum is open daily throughout the year, except on Mondays. There are seasonal and group visiting variations. Please see: http://www.keatshouse.cityoflondon.gov.uk/220/Visit-us.html
Features
  • Museum (featured building)
  • Description: The house was built between 1814 and 1816 by William Woods.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
Access & Directions

Access Contact Details

The museum is open daily throughout the year, except on Mondays. There are seasonal and group visiting variations. Please see: http://www.keatshouse.cityoflondon.gov.uk/220/Visit-us.html
Associated People

Just one person associated to Keats' House

Contact