This walled memorial garden contains a small temple, in front of which is a cairn of stones. Each stone represents a life lost in war, and originally there were 280. Three small windows in the temple celebrate sacrifice, victory and fortitude. The entrance gates were presented in honour of Frank Barratt. This garden commemorates the soldiers who died in both World Wars, and the civilians who lost their lives in World War 2.
The garden was opened on July 7th, 1929. The gates and memorial plaques have since been stolen and replaced.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 8am Mon-Sat / 8.30am Sundays to dusk (refer to Council website for seasonal details).
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 8am Mon-Sat / 8.30am Sundays to dusk (refer to Council website for seasonal details).
DirectionsRail: Palmers Green. Bus: 121, W6, 329
- Early 20th Century