Benefit from access to over 1 million unique garden website visitors every year
What is Parks & Gardens UK?
Parks & Gardens UK is a national resource created to secure the rich heritage of parks, gardens and designed landscapes across the UK. Since being launched in 2009, with the support of over £1 million of Heritage Lottery funding, we have built and now maintain some 10,000 historic landscape site records and over 2,000 biographies.
Parks & Gardens UK has a fast growing UK and international audience, with sixty seven thousand unique visitors per month, and over one million annual page views from more than 89 countries.
Open to the Public scheme
To help to protect this important public resource and promote locations to our engaged Parks & Gardens UK visitors we invite parks, gardens, estates to subscribe to our new 'Open to the Public' scheme. By supporting us with a subscription, we will, together with a direct link to locations websites, be able to provide a series of enhanced benefits including:
- Visitor engagement – In addition to photographs of your garden a video (supplied by you) can be added to the Parks & Gardens UK website.
- Promotion - You will be entitled to the promotion of two news and events listings per year.
- Featured location - Your garden will be added as a ‘Featured Location’ on a rotational basis on your county profile page.
- Direct links - Links to your website, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram can be added to your page.
- Updates - You will receive newsletter updates from Parks & Gardens UK to let you know about new developments and initiatives that can support you.
- Open to the public - We have recently added Open to the Public tags on all relevant entries across the Parks & Gardens website, to help our readers quickly see if a location is available to visit.
How to join
The Open to the Public subscription scheme is available as an introductory offer of £60 (plus VAT) per year to existing website entries. All contributions go directly to supporting the archive and its continued growth and development, with the sole aim of providing freely accessible information to the public. We are managed and supported by the Hestercombe Gardens Trust - a not for profit registered charity. If you would like to participate in this scheme please select the Subscribe option. Subscribe
If you wish to discuss this opportunity in more detail please contact the Archive Manager, Fiona Baker, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit Marwood Hill Gardens in Devon, which is one of our featured gardens in the 'Open to the Public' scheme.