There is an exciting opportunity at Parks and Gardens UK. We are looking for a part-time Data Manager to assist the database project, now based at Hestercombe. This role is pivotal for parksandgardens.org in enhancing the quality and integrity of data, increasing accessibility and functionality, and keeping forward momentum in the project. The project’s aims include, among others, raising awareness of the value of historic parks and gardens and providing accurate data on sites for planners, researchers and others engaged in garden heritage and conservation.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Checking and validating submitted data which will require researching missing or incomplete data using appropriate sources of information
- Preparing digital copies of new site records for checking by garden history experts including County Gardens Trust surveyors
- Accurate entering of data and images taken from written or other records into the Project database by means of the website data entry interface provided
- Uploading news articles, events, images and other website content as required
- Managing and developing the team of volunteers attached to the project to enter data and conduct user testing
- Liaising with the website’s developers to provide feedback on functionality and resolution of any errors
- Dealing with queries and enquiries received by telephone, email and letter
- Providing regular reports for the Marketing Manager and Chief Executive of Hestercombe Gardens Trust.
Further details and how to apply
Please see the Hestercombe website for further details, including salary, contract and how to apply.
If you know anybody who might be interested in this exciting and unique opportunity, please share it with them.