Sites in England
England , Lincolnshire
This memorial garden is located close to the site of RAF Kirmington, which was constructed between 1941 and 1942. A striking feature of the site is the Lancaster propeller blade, recovered and donated by the Royal Netherlands Air Force Salvage Team. The blade was recovered from the crash site of 166 Squadron's ND-913.
England , Nottinghamshire
This memorial site features a row of Canadian trees at the entrance to the airfield. The site commemorates 207 Squadron, who were based at Langar during World War 2.
England , Chester
This garden of remembrance features gates with gold lettering and a memorial plinth inscribed to the dead of the 22nd Cheshire Regiment who lost their lives in World War 2.
England , Pollington
This memorial garden is on the site of the headquarters building for the former RAF station Snaith. The dead are remembered on a number of plaques associated with a group of trees and shrubs, along with a stone of remembrance.
England , Mepal
This memorial takes the form of a small rose garden in the village of Mepal, Cambridgeshire. It commemorates the dead of the 75 (NZ) Squadron, who were based in the area during World War 2.
England , Worcester
Abberley Hall incorporates an 18th-century building and was re-modelled between 1837 and 1845. The main features of the garden date from a restoration in the 1880s. Features include a clock tower of 1883/4, terraces with balustrades and statuary, a water garden and pleasure grounds. The hall is now a private school.
England , Great Witley, Worcestershire
Abberley Park was a deer park recorded on documents between the 13th and 18th centuries.
England , Abberton, Pershore, Worcestershire
Abberton Hall is a 17th-century house in a park. In 1924 it was described as 'standing high in a fine park'. Around 1937 a garden loggia was decorated with frescoes by Benjamin Gibbon.
The cemetery is situated on a steeply sloping, three-hectare site overlooking the town. It was designed by JC Loudon, and consecrated on 30th January 1844.
England , Abbey Dore, Herefordshire
A Georgian house remodelled in the late 19th century. Two Wellingtonias and other vestiges of the Victorian shrubberies survive in the garden today. Since 1968 the mature gardens have been redesigned to provide the framework for a modern garden with an emphasis upon herbaceous plants.
England , Suffolk
The Abbey Gardens are a public park opened at the end of the 19th century. The site had previously been a medieval Abbey. A botanical garden was laid out here in the early-19th century. The gardens now feature a formal area of island beds laid out in the mid-20th century. There is also a water garden and rose garden dating back to the mid-20th century, and later 20th-century additions including a sensory garden and herb garden.
England , Winchester
Originally a Georgian house with a Garden Temple, the grounds were bought by Winchester City Council in 1890 and converted to a Public Pleasure Ground. Now has formal flower beds, a rose garden, a scented garden and an enclosed children's play area.
England , Saighton, Chester
Features of Abbey Gate College include formal gardens, hedges and parkland.
England , Bath
Abbey Green is a grassed oval with a large plane tree in the centre. It is enclosed by listed buildings on three sides.
England , Abbey Hey
This park to the south of Higher Openshaw no longer exists.
England , London
The park is bounded to the south by South East Railways Dartford Loop line, from which it is screened by trees.The entrance from Canterbury Avenue is lined with shrubs and the park consists of an area of level grassland with a small circular area left unmown in summer. Since 2007 a former allotment site that is now Millennium woodland has been added to the park.
England , Cambridge
Abbey House and its garden were built in the late-16th and early-17th centuries on the site of Barnwell Priory, dissolved in 1550. Much of the original stonework from the priory was incorporated into the garden features.
England , Great Malvern, Worcestershire
Abbey House in Great Malvern was a house rebuilt around 1600 which stood next to the Priory church. In the 17th century the house had a large formal garden. The house and garden were used by visitors to the spa in the early 19th century, when the garden was illustrated in advertisements. It was replaced in 1848 by the Abbey Hotel.
England , North Yorkshire
Abbey House has associated gardens which have recently been restored following a grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund. The house over looks Whitby Abbey ruins.
England , Evesham, Worcestershire
Abbey Manor House is a 19th-century house in a landscape park, on the site of the mediaeval Battle of Evesham, which is commemorated by an obelisk.