Memorial Park, Carnoustie, Angus, Scotland
Record Id: 9500
Site is open to the public. Opening may be limited, please check Visitor Information for any restrictions.
Brief description of site
This site consists of a war memorial and memorial garden built to commemorate the fallen of World War 1. The memorial is of sandstone, taking the form of a curved wall with plaques commemorating the dead, and topped by a stone figure of a soldier in the centre.
Brief history of site
The garden was created as a memorial after World War 1. It was unveiled on 31 October 1925 by the Earl of Strathmore. The rest Garden was completed on 7 June 1926.
Built elements were designed by James Prain Bruce, an architect in Dundee. The sculpture was by Thomas Beattie, of Edinburgh.
Address: Dundee Street, Carnoustie, Angus, DD7 7AD
Angus; Carnoustie Central
Historical County: Angus
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||54||Grid Ref:||NO561345|
Form of site: memorial garden
Purpose of site: memorial garden
Context or principal building: parks, gardens and urban spaces
Site first created: 1925
Main period of development: Early 20th century