Invereil House, Dirleton, Scotland
Record Id: 8807
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
Invereil House is a baronial-style house with grounds laid out at the end of the 19th century in the eastern end of Linkhouse Wood. By the early-1990s it had been subdivided, with four owners.
Brief history of site
The Invereil House designed landscape was laid out on 2.5 hectares of land in Linkhouse Wood in the late 1890s. Despite several changes of ownership the estate remained intact until the 1960s. By the 1990s both the house and grounds had been split across four ownerships, although the house has since been returned to single ownership.
Address: Abbotsford Road, North Berwick, EH39 5DD
East Lothian; North Berwick West
Historical County: East Lothian
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||66||Grid Ref:||NT526852|
Invereil House is situated approximately 2.5 kilometres west of North Berwick.
Form of site: policies
Context or principal building: country house
Site first created: 1897 to 1899
Main period of development: Late 19th century
Site Size (Hectares): 2.5