Clyne Gardens, Swansea, Wales
Record Id: 867
Site is open to the public. Opening may be limited, please check Visitor Information for any restrictions.
Brief description of site
Clyne Gardens were originally laid out in association with Clyne Castle, now a private residential development. The park contains a significant assemblage of choice and rare mature trees and shrubs, in particular rhododendrons, some of which are original introductions.
Brief history of site
The earliest house on the site was built in 1791. The park was developed from 1860 to 1912. From the 1950s, the house was used as a hall of residence by the University of Swansea.
Address: Mill Lane, SA3 5BW
Swansea; Mumbles; Mumbles
Historical County: Glamorgan
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||159||Grid Ref:||SS613905|
Opening contact details:
The gardens are open throughout the year.
Form of site: garden
Purpose of site: ornamental garden
Context or principal building: parks, gardens and urban spaces
Site first created: 1791
Main period of development: Early 19th century
Survival: Part: standing remains
Site Size (Hectares): 20.3