Garden of Remembrance, Penarth, South Wales, Wales
Record Id: 8574
Site is open to the public. Opening may be limited, please check Visitor Information for any restrictions.
Part/component area of: Alexandra Park, Penarth
Brief description of site
Penarth Garden of Remembrance is situated next to the entrance to Alexandra Park. The garden was re-developed in 2010. It now has a memorial stone facing triangular grassed island beds. Art deco benches have been created based on those in the original design, and they have been placed in their original positions.
Brief history of site
The Earl of Plymouth donated the land, and the costs of laying out were paid by public subscription. The garden was opened in 1934.
Address: Beach Road, Penarth, South Wales, CF64 1AN
Locality: South Wales
The Vale of Glamorgan; Penarth; Penarth
Historical County: Glamorgan
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||171||Grid Ref:||ST187715|
Opening contact details:
This is a municipal park for general public use.
Form of site: memorial garden
Purpose of site: memorial garden
Context or principal building: commemorative
Site first created: 1934
Main period of development: Mid 20th century