Memorial Gardens, Bailiff Bridge, Brighouse, England
Record Id: 8540
Site is open to the public. Opening may be limited, please check Visitor Information for any restrictions.
Brief description of site
The Portland stone monument is topped by a flagpole and has a bronze plaque on each face. The gardens also feature a memorial pavilion which contains a stone dedicatory tablet. The gardens have received a number of recent grants for maintenance and improvements to the setting.
Brief history of site
Sir William and Lady Ackroyd of Cliffe Hall funded the war memorial. The garden commemorates the fallen of World War 1 from the parish and the associated mills.
Address: Bradford Road, Bailiff Bridge, Halifax, HD6 4EB
West Yorkshire; Calderdale; Brighouse
Historical County: West Riding of Yorkshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||104||Grid Ref:||SE148254|
Form of site: memorial garden
Purpose of site: memorial garden
Context or principal building: commemorative
Site first created: 1921
Main period of development: Early 20th century