Cabbell Park, Cromer, England
Record Id: 8398
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
This site is in use as the home ground for Cromer Football Club. The original wooden grandstand remained in place until the 1990s, when it was condemned as unsafe. There is a clubhouse and bar and the pitch is railed.
Brief history of site
The park was opened on 8th September 1922 by Mrs Benjamin B. Bond-Cabbell, who had donated the site to the town in memory of those who lost their lives in World War 1.
Address: Cabbell Park, Mill Road, Cromer, Norfolk, NR27 0BG
Norfolk; North Norfolk; Cromer
Historical County: Norfolk
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||133||Grid Ref:||TG224413|
Form of site: park
Purpose of site: playing field
Context or principal building: recreational
Site first created: 1922
Main period of development: Early 20th century