War Memorial Garden, Belper, Derbyshire, England
Record Id: 8365
Site is open to the public. Opening may be limited, please check Visitor Information for any restrictions.
Brief description of site
Features of this public garden include trees, benches, a shelter and a flagpole. The site is mainly laid to lawn. The entrance consists of wrought iron gates with stone pillars. The dedication is inscribed on a wrought iron arch spanning the pillars.
Brief history of site
Alderman G H Strutt donated the land, previously known as The Paddock, in 1923.
Address: War Memorial Garden, King Street, Belper, Derbyshire, DE56 1PZ
Derbyshire; Amber Valley; Belper
Historical County: Derbyshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||119||Grid Ref:||SK349474|
Form of site: memorial garden
Purpose of site: memorial garden
Context or principal building: parks, gardens and urban spaces
Site first created: After 1923
Main period of development: Early 20th century