Memorial Park, Bridge of Allan, (also known as Pullar Park), Stirling, Scotland
Record Id: 8301
Site is open to the public. Opening may be limited, please check Visitor Information for any restrictions.
Brief description of site
Memorial Park remains largely consistent to the original 1920s park layout, comprising of lozenge shaped planting beds surrounding the centrally located War Memorial. The park's aesthetic value is both in the parks tree collection and setting, which includes long views towards the Wallace Monument. The Henderson Street boundary is planted up with ornamental Cherry trees which are much valued by the local community which includes students from nearby Stirling University campus.
Brief history of site
Memorial Park was gifted to the people of Bridge of Allan by local businessman and philanthropist Edmund Pullar to commemorate the fallen of World War 1. The original design and planting proposals were overseen by the head gardener at nearby Keir Estate, and consists of 35 different tree species surrounding the central War Memorial.
Address: Henderson Street, Bridge of Allan, Stirlingshire, FK9 4RQ
Historical County: Stirlingshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||57||Grid Ref:||NS798972|
There are pedestrian entrances on Henderson Street and Keir Street.
Form of site: public park
Purpose of site: memorial garden
Context or principal building: parks, gardens and urban spaces
Site first created: 1919 to 1923
Main period of development: Early 20th century
Site Size (Hectares): 1.2