Woodside Park, (also known as Earlham Grove House, Town Hall Rec. Ground, Town Hall Park and Town Hall Gardens), London, England
Record Id: 8164
Site is open to the public. Opening may be limited, please check Visitor Information for any restrictions.
Brief description of site
The park was laid out and by 1914 boasted a bandstand, now gone, bowling green and other features.
Brief history of site
Woodside Park was established here when Wood Green Local Board purchased Earlham Grove House with 11 acres of land in 1893. The house, which was converted to Council offices and later enlarged, was used as Wood Green Town Hall until 1958. An early-18th-century lodge, now called The Mushroom House, and surrounding triangle of land was incorporated into the park and a pavilion was erected by the bowling green before 1935.
Address: High Road/Glendale Avenue/Earlham Grove/Woodside Road, Wood Green, N22
Greater London; Haringey
Historical County: Middlesex
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||176/177||Grid Ref:||TQ310911|
Tube: Wood Green (Piccadilly) then bus. Bus: 29, 121, 232, 329.
Opening contact details:
Opening is unrestricted.
Form of site: public park
Purpose of site: public park
Context or principal building: parks, gardens and urban spaces
Site first created: 1893 to 1914
Main period of development: Late 19th century
Site Size (Hectares): 3.8