Memorial Park, Kensington, (also known as St Mark's Park), London, England
Record Id: 7868
Site is open to the public. Opening may be limited, please check Visitor Information for any restrictions.
Brief description of site
The park has its original railings, perimeter trees and formal planted areas.
Brief history of site
This is part of the St Quintin estate in North Kensington, which was developed from the late 1860s. Kensington Memorial Park opened in 1923, originally called St Mark's Park. The land was acquired for the purpose by the Kensington War Memorial Committee and the site was given to the London County Council who laid the park out mainly as a children's playground. Other recreational facilities were added over the years.
Address: St Marks Road, W10
Greater London; Kensington and Chelsea
Historical County: Middlesex
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||176||Grid Ref:||TQ236817|
Tube: Ladbroke Grove (Hammersmith & City) then bus.
Opening contact details:
The park is open from 7.30am - dusk.
Form of site: public park
Purpose of site: public park
Context or principal building: parks, gardens and urban spaces
Site first created: 1923
Main period of development: Early 20th century
Site Size (Hectares): 2.63