Carville Hall North, (also known as Carville Hall War Memorial Park), London, England
Record Id: 7699
Site is open to the public. Opening may be limited, please check Visitor Information for any restrictions.
Brief description of site
Now further separated by the M4 Flyover, the two sides of the park are quite different in character. To the north the park is open grassland used for playing fields with a pavilion and playgrounds.
Brief history of site
Carville Hall North and Carville Hall South were formed from the remains of the garden of Carville Hall. The estate was purchased by Middlesex County Council when the Great West Road was being constructed and in late 1919 the MCC sold the land not necessary for the new road to Brentford UDC to be laid out as an open space and war memorial. The park opened in 1923 as Carville Hall War Memorial Park.
Address: Lionel Road, Clayponds Lane/Clayponds Avenue, W5
Greater London; Hounslow
Historical County: Middlesex
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||176||Grid Ref:||TQ184784|
London Overground/Tube (District): Gunnersbury then bus. Bus: H91
Opening contact details:
The park is open from 8am - dusk.
Form of site: public park
Purpose of site: public park
Context or principal building: parks, gardens and urban spaces
Site first created: 1923
Main period of development: Early 20th century
Site Size (Hectares): 5.12