Catton Park, Norwich, (also known as Catton Hall), Norfolk, England
Record Id: 734
Site is open to the public. Opening may be limited, please check Visitor Information for any restrictions.
Brief description of site
Catton Hall is a late-18th-century landscape park designed by Humphry Repton. The park at its most extensive was 45 hectares which has been reduced by urban developments and is now 39 hectares. Both the house and parkland are now in divided use.
Brief history of site
Catton Park is first shown on Faden's 1797 county map as a small designed landscape of around 18 hectares with a hall standing towards the northern perimeter. The park was landscaped by Humphry Repton in 1788, being his first paid commission.
Address: Old Catton, Norwich, NR6 7DP
Norfolk; Broadland; Old Catton
Historical County: Norfolk
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||134||Grid Ref:||TG230120|
Opening contact details:
The park is open daily. The hall is in private ownership and is NOT OPEN to the public.
Form of site: landscape park
Purpose of site: Ornamental
Context or principal building: house
Site first created: 1788 to 1797
Main period of development: Late 18th century
Survival: Part: standing remains
Site Size (Hectares): 39