All Saints Churchyard, Benhilton, (also known as Benhilton Parish Church), London, England
Record Id: 7323
Site is open to the public. Opening may be limited, please check Visitor Information for any restrictions.
Brief description of site
All Saints' Churchyard surrounds the church, and is now closed to burials. There are a number of historically significant tombs in the churchyard, which is well planted with trees, and has yews along the path to the north porch.
Brief history of site
All Saints is a large and prominently positioned church at the foot of Angel Hill, which forms a landmark in this area. The parish of Benhilton was created in 1863 to serve the growing population of Sutton. The land and a sum of money was donated by Thomas Alcock, Lord of the Manor, who was developing his land to the east for upper class housing.
Address: All Saints Road, Benhilton, SM1 3DA
Greater London; Sutton
Historical County: Surrey
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||176||Grid Ref:||TQ258652|
Rail: Sutton Common. Bus 151, 154, 164, 280.
Opening contact details:
Opening is unrestricted.
Form of site: burial ground
Purpose of site: burial ground
Context or principal building: churchyard
Site first created: 1863 to 1866
Main period of development: Mid 19th century