Catchfrench, St Germans, England
Record Id: 730
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
The garden at Catchfrench was laid out in the late-18th century to a design by Humphry Repton, and features terraced lawns and shrubs including rhododendrons, azaleas and magnolias.
Brief history of site
The house was re-built in 1580 after a fire. The house was remodelled in the late-18th century, and in October 1792 the owner, Francis Glanville, invited Humphry Repton to advise on the improvement of the grounds.
Address: Catchfrench Manor Gardens, St Germans, Cornwall, PL12 5BY
Locality: St Germans
Historical County: Cornwall
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||201||Grid Ref:||SX300590|
The site lies 4 miles south-west of Saltash, off the A38 signposted for Catchfrench.
Form of site: landscape garden
Purpose of site: ornamental garden
Context or principal building: manor house
Site first created: Before 1580
Main period of development: Late 18th century
Site Size (Hectares): 10