Alexandra Park, Hastings, Hastings, England
Record Id: 71
Site is open to the public. Opening may be limited, please check Visitor Information for any restrictions.
Brief description of site
A late-19th-century park laid out on the site of a former mid-19th-century public garden by Robert Marnock. The park has areas of semi-natural woodland added in the late 20th century.
A £3.464m restoration programme was completed in 2004 which restored many buildings and planting areas, paths, railings and included the construction of a playground.
Brief history of site
The park was officially opened on June 26 1882 by the Prince and Princess of Wales (Princess Alexandra).
Address: St. Helens Road, Hastings, TN34 2LD
East Sussex; Hastings
Historical County: Sussex
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||199||Grid Ref:||TQ814104|
Opening contact details:
Form of site: public park
Purpose of site: public park
Site first created: 1877 to 1882
Main period of development: Late 19th century
Site Size (Hectares): 48.6