Willey Hall, Willey, Shropshire, England
Record Id: 6804
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
Willey Hall had a landscape park featuring ponds and wooded areas.
Brief history of site
The landscape park around Willey Hall was developed in the years after 1811, by its owner, Cecil Weld-Forester. This new house, which lay a half mile west of the Old Hall, was constructed between 1812 and 1820. Later in the 19th century the park was reduced in size to 150 acres. This may have occurred in 1865, when William Andrews Nesfield apparently initiated but did not complete a major redesign of the park.
Address: Willey Hall, Willey, Shropshire, TF12 5JJ
Locality: Willey, Shropshire
Historical County: Shropshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||138||Grid Ref:||SO666992|
Form of site: landscape park
Context or principal building: country house
Site first created: 1811 to 1820
Main period of development: Early 19th century
Survival: Part: standing remains
Site Size (Hectares): 109