Victoria Park, Northampton, Northampton, England
Record Id: 6713
Site is open to the public. Opening may be limited, please check Visitor Information for any restrictions.
Brief description of site
Victoria Park is a public green space with open grassy areas and lines and belts of trees. A small stream runs through the park with a disused children's bathing pool in it.
Brief history of site
The park was opened in 1898 on land donated by the Earl of Spencer. At that time it was half the present size. Further land was acquired from the Earl in 1910 and 1911.
Historical County: Northamptonshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||152||Grid Ref:||SP745608|
The park is situated less than a mile from the city centre in the St James' End district.
Opening contact details:
This is a municipal park for general public use.
Children's play area, seniors football pitches and changing rooms.
Form of site: public park
Purpose of site: public park
Context or principal building: public park
Site first created: After 1898
Main period of development: Late 19th century
Site Size (Hectares): 6.5