Hams Hall, Lea Marston, England
Record Id: 6667
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
The Hams Hall estate, home of the Adderley family, may date back to the reign of Henry VIII. It was sold in 1911. The giant Hams Hall power station, built on the site in the 1920s, was demolished in recent years and replaced by industry, distribution and a Channel Tunnel freight terminal. The medieval parish church remains to the north of the site of the hall. There are nature reserves beside the River Tame.
Address: Lea Marston, Warwickshire
Locality: Lea Marston
Warwickshire; North Warwickshire; Lea Marston
Historical County: Warwickshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||139||Grid Ref:||SP 204926|
It is located off the A446 north of Curdworth. Take the Hams Hall turn and take the first left onto Hams Lane. At Lea Marston turn right, cross the railway bridge, bear left, park by the church. Walk straight on then left for Hams Hall Environmental Centre (01675 475939), which occupies the former walled kitchen garden of the estate. If you wish to speak to staff, phone to arrange a time outside of teaching periods.
Form of site: country estate
Context or principal building: domestic / residential
Site Style : English landscape garden
Main period of development: Restoration
Survival: Part: standing remains
Site Size (Hectares): 48