Bank House, Wigan, Greater Manchester, England
Record Id: 6511
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
Bank House had a house with grounds and a small park to the west of Wigan Lane. There were open fields to the west and a separate dwelling, the Elms, on the south-eastern boundary. The house was close to the road and was shielded from it by a thin band of trees. The park, with pleasure grounds, a small pond and single clump of trees, was to the rear of the house.
Bank House, together with the Elms and three large plots of land, all part of the estate of Mr H J Woodcock JP, was purchased by Wigan Corporation in 1923 for £7,750. The site is now lost. One small corner of open ground survives between the Elms and the housing of Milton Grove.
Address: Wigan Lane, Wigan, WN1 2TB
Locality: Wigan, Greater Manchester
Greater Manchester; Wigan
Historical County: Lancashire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||108||Grid Ref:||SD584074|
Form of site: park
Site Size (Hectares): 3