Rudge Hall, Rudge, Shropshire, England
Record Id: 6499
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
Rudge Hall featured a small park principally south and west of the house in the early-19th century. In 1851 the park was described as 'richly wooded.'
Brief history of site
Rudge Hall is a medieval building rebuilt in the 19th century. By 1827 there was a small park principally south and west of the hall, which by 1883 had been extended eastwards to a chain of ponds. It was by this time doubled in size from its original extents.
Address: Rudge Hall, Rudge, Shropshire, WV6 7EA
Locality: Rudge, Shropshire
Historical County: Shropshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||138||Grid Ref:||SO814978|
Form of site: park
Context or principal building: manor house
Site first created: Before 1827
Main period of development: Early 19th century
Survival: Part: standing remains