Cadogan Place, Belgravia, England
Record Id: 646
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
Cadogan Place is an early-19th century private square garden, covering about 3.5 hectares. The garden has been further developed in the later 19th and 20th centuries.
Brief history of site
Until 1777 the site of Cadogan Place was almost completely occupied by fields. After 1777, about 40 hectares of land to the west of the site was developed as Hans Town by the architect Henry Holland. At the end of the 18th century William Salisbury designed a garden in Sloane Street. This was named the London Botanic Garden.
Address: Cadogan Place Gardens, Cadogan Place, Belgravia, London, SW1X 9SF
Greater London; Kensington and Chelsea
Historical County: Middlesex
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||176||Grid Ref:||TQ279791|
Form of site: private square
Purpose of site: Ornamental
Site first created: After 1777
Main period of development: 19th century
Site Size (Hectares): 3.5