Abbey House, Malvern, Great Malvern, Worcestershire, England
Record Id: 6356
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
Abbey House in Great Malvern was a house rebuilt around 1600 which stood next to the Priory church. In the 17th century the house had a large formal garden. The house and garden were used by visitors to the spa in the early 19th century, when the garden was illustrated in advertisements. It was replaced in 1848 by the Abbey Hotel.
Brief history of site
The house was rebuilt in about 1600. The garden was laid out during the 17th century. The house and garden were replaced in 1848 by the Abbey Hotel.
Locality: Great Malvern, Worcestershire
Worcestershire; Malvern Hills; Malvern
Historical County: Worcestershire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||150||Grid Ref:||SO727458|
In the centre of Great Malvern.
Form of site: garden
Context or principal building: house
Main period of development: 17th century