Coopersale House, Epping, England
Record Id: 5934
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
Coopersale House has a small landscaped park occupying about 11 hectares, developed from about 1730 with possible input by Lancelot Brown in the later 18th century.
Brief history of site
Coopersale House was built at the end of the 17th century by John Archer. In the later 1730s, the then-owner William Archer called in Adam Holt, gardener at Wanstead Park, to carry out an extensive scheme of landscaping for which detailed records survive.
Address: Coopersale House, Houblons Hill, Coopersale, Epping, Essex, CM16 7QL
Essex; Epping Forest; Epping
Historical County: Essex
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||167||Grid Ref:||TL474021|
Form of site: landscape park
Purpose of site: Ornamental
Context or principal building: villa
Site first created: 1730 to 1780
Main period of development: Mid 18th century
Site Size (Hectares): 11