Whyly, (also known as Pilgrim Hall ), Uckfield, East Sussex , England
Record Id: 5721
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
There is no sign of a garden on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map, but by 1909 there was a large mansion and garden, built at the southern end of Slays Wood. The site had lakes and extended woodland. It was called Whyly. It was probably then that Whyly at East Hoathly became Old Whyly. The site is now called Pilgrim Hall, and is a Christian conference centre.
Address: Easons Green, Uckfield , TN22 5RE
Locality: Uckfield, East Sussex
East Sussex; Wealden; Framfield
Historical County: Sussex
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||199||Grid Ref:||TQ507177|
Form of site: garden
Purpose of site: ornamental garden
Context or principal building: commercial
Site first created: 1875 to 1909
Main period of development: Early 20th century