Brocklesby Park, Grimsby, England
Record Id: 560
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
Brocklesby Park is a landscape park containing lakes and woodland, with late-19th-century formal gardens around the house.
Brief history of site
The first recorded mention of a manor house at Brocklesby comes in 1585. A new house was built on a new site in around 1603 and surrounded with 'fine gardens, groves and pleasure houses'. The house was substantially re-modelled in around 1710. Lancelot Brown was commissioned in 1771 to make alterations to the house and to lay out new grounds and James Wyatt to design complementary buildings, including a fine Mausoleum erected in 1786.
Address: Brocklesby Park, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, DN41 8PN
Lincolnshire; West Lindsey; Brocklesby
Historical County: Lincolnshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||113||Grid Ref:||TA137113|
Form of site: landscape park
Purpose of site: Ornamental
Context or principal building: house
Site first created: Before 1603
Main period of development: Late 18th century
Site Size (Hectares): 600