Delves House, East Sussex, England
Record Id: 5547
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
The house was re-built in the late-18th-century, and the grounds were landscaped at the same time. The house was demolished after 1936. Mid-20th-century additions to the garden have altered the character considerably. Earlier features which have been retained include a 16th-century yew hedge, elm trees and two ponds.
Address: Ringmer, BN8 5EW
Locality: East Sussex
East Sussex; Lewes; Ringmer
Historical County: Sussex
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||198||Grid Ref:||TQ446126|
Form of site: garden
Purpose of site: ornamental garden
Context or principal building: retirement home
Main period of development: Late 18th century
Survival: Part: standing remains