Albury Park, Surrey, England
Record Id: 55
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
Albury Park has largely intact terraced 17th-century gardens. There are finely wooded pleasure grounds and a park of some 130 hectares.
Brief history of site
The terraced gardens were laid out between 1655 and 1677 by John Evelyn for Henry Howard. The park was planted in the 15th or 16th centuries, with further work in the mid-17th century by Evelyn, and in the early to mid-19th century by Henry Drummond.
Address: Albury Park, GU5 9BB
Surrey; Guildford; Albury
Historical County: Surrey
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||187||Grid Ref:||TQ064475|
The site lies south-east of Guildford, and can be reached from the A248. Please see:
Form of site: landscape park
Purpose of site: Ornamental
Context or principal building: commercial
Site first created: 1655 to 1677
Main period of development: Mid 17th century
Site Size (Hectares): 130