Nieuport House, (also known as Newport House), Leominster, England
Record Id: 5396
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
Nieuport House is a house of the early-18th century on an earlier site. The garden was remodelled during the 18th century and again by W. A. Nesfield in the 1860s.
Brief history of site
The medieval house was replaced around 1718 by a new house set in a revised formal garden. The garden was remodelled during the later 18th century, and again in the 1860s. Parts of the historical layout were reinstated in the early-21st century.
Address: Almeley, Herefordshire, HR3 6LL
Herefordshire, County of; Almeley
Historical County: Herefordshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||148||Grid Ref:||SO319520|
Three miles south-east of Kington via the A4111 and a minor road.
Form of site: formal garden
Purpose of site: Ornamental
Context or principal building: house
Site first created: Before 1718
Main period of development: Early 18th century
Site Size (Hectares): 125