Frankham Park, East Sussex, England
Record Id: 5354
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
The site was a deer park in the 14th century, and covered 400 acres by 1545. The house was built in 1854, and is now reduced in size. The modern Ordnance Survey map shows three fish ponds on the southern edge of Frankham Wood.
Brief history of site
The estate was enlarged by 74 acres in 1354.
Address: Durgates, TN5 6LA
Locality: East Sussex
East Sussex; Wealden; Wadhurst
Historical County: Sussex
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||199||Grid Ref:||TQ590315|
Form of site: deer park
Purpose of site: deer park
Context or principal building: house
Site first created: Before 1354
Main period of development: Medieval
Survival: Part: standing remains