Fishers Gate, (also known as Fidges Farm and Fidgets Farm), East Sussex, England
Record Id: 5352
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
The garden may have been designed by Gertrude Jekyll. It was originally a medieval farm, with Victorian and later improvements. The 1st edition Ordnance Survey map shows the house built on three sides around a courtyard, but the layout has changed considerably.
Brief history of site
The site was formerly called Fidges, or Fidgets Farm, and dates back to 1327, when Richard Fychet owned it.
Address: Withyham, TN7 4BB
Locality: East Sussex
East Sussex; Wealden; Withyham
Historical County: Sussex
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||188||Grid Ref:||TQ490337|
Form of site: garden
Purpose of site: ornamental garden
Context or principal building: house
Site first created: 1327
Main period of development: Early 20th century
Survival: Part: standing remains